Sunday, April 17, 2011

Decide what to be, and go be it.

So, this weekend has been amazing! The overarching theme has been like, idk. Winning. That would be a good word. Or victory. Or accomplishment.

Friday, after my whopping 45 minutes total of class, I chilled at my house then went back up to UTA to run in the Alpha Chi Omega Light the Night 5k, benefiting the stop of Domestic Violence. I killed that sucka! 27:45 seconds, to run 3.1 miles. Not bad for my first race ever! Then I went to a friend's house and watched a sweet movie, then woke up at 7 the next morning and ran the Fort Worth Zoo Run, another 5k. I was slower, but finished 28:21, and was 364th out of 2200 people. That, by itself, to me is incredible.

But, I'm not just going to stop there. I want to run a 10k by September, the Mud Run in October, and have completed a half and full marathon by the time I turn 21. I think that is an awesome goal to have.

The coolest part about Saturday's race, was on the final half mile, Taylor Swift's song Change came on. It's basically about how if you face an obstacle, the greatest feeling in the world is overcoming it. The part that played as I ran to and crossed the finish line was "These things will change, I can feel it now. These walls that they put up to hold us back, fell down. It's a revolurtion! Throw your hands up, because we never gave in! We'll sing hallelujah!"

It was so cool. And I had my hands raised as I crossed the finish line. So, FACEBOOK PICTURE! Once Brightroom uploads it...

Anyhow, I'm beat. My legs are still sore!


I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
(2 Timothy 4:7 ESV)

Philos, Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment