Sunday, April 3, 2011

If His Grace is an ocean, we're all sinking.

So, some interesting stuff. It's now after the fact, so I can talk about it.

Our church is in a time of transition. Our former pastor and Music Minister, Donnie and Damon Foster, have resigned for personal reasons. So, if you read this and are the praying type. be in prayer for Grace Baptist Church. This time is tough and we could sure use the prayer.

We played How He Loves today at church. Just, something about that song. I wanna blog about it.

Watch the vid. There's a music video by David Crowder, but you need to read the lyrics.




He is jealous for me. God is a jealous God, who desires all of our love in return for all of His. Love's like a hurricane and I am a tree, bending beneath the weight of His wind and mercy.

I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory, and I realize just how beautiful you are and how great Your affections are for me. When we fully see God's glory and how truly amazing He is, and His love for us is, it makes us completely aware of how unworthy we are of Him.

Oh, how he loves us all.

We are His portion and He is our prize. I wrestled with this verse for a while. And with the help of a friend, finally got it kinda figured out. We are His portion. Because we have been bought with a price, the death and finished work of Jesus on the cross, we are now a portion of God. He effectively owns us. And He is our prize. He is the treasure above all treasures, the prize and priceless gift we are not worthy of.

Drawn to redemption by the Grace in His Eyes. If His Grace is an ocean, we're all sinking. The grace that God has, once shown to us, is so...irresistable. We have seen just how amazing His grace is, and the taste we have gotten makes us want it even more. If His Grace is an ocean, we're all sinking. Think of the Ocean. The Lorentian Abyss is the deepest part of the Atlantic, and the grace of God is so deep that we can't help but just sink into it.

So Heaven meets earth like an unforseen kiss and my heart turns violently inside of my chest. I don't have time to maintain these regrets when I think about the way that He loves us. The collision of God's mercy with our sinful ways is like that of a surprise kiss. It takes your breath away like nothing else could. My heart turns violently inside of my chest. The emotions that surround us when we have our "ah-ha" moment are incredibly overwhelming. Or at least, they've always been for me. I don't have time to maintain these regrets when I think about the way that He loves us. When all you can focus on is the love Jesus has for you, there's no room for anything else.

Oh, how He loves us all.

Anyway, that was on my mind today.


Since then we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus, the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
(Hebrews 4:14-16 ESV)

Philos, Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment