Monday, April 4, 2011

One Day Without Shoes

I'm so excited! Tomorrow, April 5, is TOMS One Day Without Shoes! In case you weren't aware from all of my ramblings and excitedness, I am so pumped!

A brief explanation. TOMS is a shoe company that was founded on one belief. Every child deserves a pair of shoes. So, they have a One For One Program, and for every pair of shoes you buy, they will give a pair of shoes to a kid somewhere in the world that does not have them.

Every April 5th, they encourage One Day Without Shoes. This day, TOMS asks that people go for 24 hours, or whatever part of their day that they can, without shoes to show what it is like for these kids that have none. I'm so pumped! And, I like being barefoot.. I have a ODWS tee shirt to wear too. :D I'm just trying to figure out if and how I am going to the Y to run. I guess I need to go, maybe run on the outside track. The weather should be pretty alright for it.

So, that's all I got for tonight.

That and a video. Because I like videos.





But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
(2 Corinthians 12:9-10 ESV)

Philos, Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment