Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day the first.

My attempt at blogging. Soon, I want to make this a Vlog, a video blog where I post videos that are basically my narration of a blog post. Maybe I will narrate Shakespeare one day for a Vlog. I better write that down.


Anyway, my goal with this blog is to enlighten you (the reader) on what goes through my mind as the days go by. 


Today, I want to talk about life. 


Life right now is me getting a degree at UTA, preparing my heart and money for a mission trip to Italy this summer, dealing with just, life in general. I'm almost done reading the book Radical: Reclaiming your faith from the American Dream. It has challenged a lot of things I believed about "church" and has truly been an enlightening read.


Right now on my iTunes as i type, I'm listening to Redemption Day, sung by Johnny Cash. The chorus sings, "There is a train that's heading straight to Heaven's gate, to Heaven's gate. And on the way, child and man and woman wait. Watch and wait for Redemption Day." It's a good song.




Anyways, this is just the first post of many, so there you go


Also, I hope to put a verse that is on my heart in each post. Today's verse is 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 "But He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

No comments:

Post a Comment