Saturday, January 22, 2011

Insert witty blog post here

So, today has been eventful. I'm just gonna walk through it.

This mornin', I woke up and went to Ally's competition at the Convention Center downtown. Got to watch her level two and level three teams from on the floor through the lens of a McNeill Images camera. Yay! That was fun. Their routine ended with the whole team and the parents having some doubts about how the girls did. But the awards came through and we won! Yay! Oh, and I parked on literally the opposite end of downtown, so I for sure got some walking in today.

Alrighty, then I went home, almost dozed off watching Mythbusters before work, and then headed to work. Tonight was pretty slow, which I didn't mind a bit. Now I'm home, gonna finish getting this post, well, posted, get a shower and play some Call of Duty before it gets too late or I fall asleep in the middle of a game.

Just some thoughts. I like leftover steak from Texas Roadhouse, despite it being leftovers. Inception is best enjoyed in relative quiet, not in the loud of a cheerleading competition. Jack Nicholson plays a darn good Joker in Batman. Almost as good as Heath Ledger.

A verse or two or a lot. One of my favorite passages. "Now when Jesus saw a crowd around him, he gave orders to go over to the other side. And a scribe came up and said to him, “Teacher, I will follow you wherever you go.” And Jesus said to him, “Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay his head.” Another of the disciples said to him, “Lord, let me first go and bury my father.” And Jesus said to him, “Follow me, and leave the dead to bury their own dead.” "
-Matthew 8:18-22

Jesus said the costs of following him were radical. But that is the kind of faith we need to have. I sure am not there yet. Jesus asked his disciples to know they weren't guarunteed a place to sleep every night, to leave their jobs, families, friends, all of it behind to follow their radical faith. We are still exxpected to do the same thing. Understanding the cost of following Jesus is not just being in the pew Sunday mornings. We need to be hopelessly devoted to our God. The road to salvation is perilous and overwhelming at times. But the reward at the end of the road is more wild than we could ever have imagined. So, yeah!

Stay frosty!
-Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment