Monday, January 31, 2011

Painting

Tonight was fun. I got to go help a friend paint and finish touching up their house before they move! I like painting. It shows progress. You start with one thing, and end with another. And at the end, I can look back at the wall and show progress.


That's how I think our walk with Jesus should be. Don't just be a blank wall. Once you begin your new life in Christ, paint your walls! Start putting your faith into action! James says that faith without works is dead. (Bible book, not Gilbert. Well, I guess Gilbert said that too...) We are meant to live our faith, not be content with just sitting around believing. Even the demons believe, and tremble! And if our faith is on the same level as the demons, what good is it?


That was just for free. No cost to you, the reader.


Anyways, today was interesting. I was so stinking tired this morning, for no apparent reason. History was cool, we talked about the Reformation and Martin Luther. How one man, by the will of God, started questioning what he was being taught. That's amazing. God gives us the intellegence to question something we don't believe in. Yet we can find strength in His all-surpassing love. 

Am I that bad of a person? That's a theological question. Short answer, yes. I am a wretched sinner not worthy of the love of Jesus. Yet God, by His love, sent His Son to die for me, the wretched sinner. Now I have the amazing ability to hopelessly devote my life to following Him. And the best part of it is, I am terrible at it. But His grace is sufficient for that. When I fall, which I do often, He picks me up and sets me straight. And I'm gonna be honest, I fall a lot. But I've noticed something. I've become a little more knowledgeable about the Bible recently. Like, idk. It's easier for me to put my theological thoughts down and know the verses to back them up. I pray this continues!


I'm so ADD, lol, Facebook distracted me for like, 10 minutes. I could have already had this posted. 


Oh well. Passage tonight, instead of verse.



What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that? So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead. 
But someone will say, “You have faith and I have works.” Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works. You believe that God is one; you do well. Even the demons believe—and shudder! Do you want to be shown, you foolish person, that faith apart from works is useless? 
(James 2:14-20 ESV)

-Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment