Monday, January 24, 2011

Just some thoughts

That's all this is.

There's one thing that I've been thinking about lately. I don't want to die now. Now, I know that thought isn't Biblical, because the Apostle Paul said that "To live is Christ, and to die is gain." And I agree with that. To live on this earth, for a follower of Jesus, is to be a shining light of His great, all-encompassing love. To die for His name, even better. Because then the wait to join Him will be over. So you may be asking, well, Justin, why do you not want to die? And I will answer you that question, right now. Not later.

I don't want to die right now, because I know I will stand before a Holy and Perfect God and be judged for my life on this Earth. And I want Him to look at me and say, "Well done, good and faithful servant." I'm so terrified that because my priorities in life have been so jacked up, that God will say to me, "Well, Justin, I put these people in your life for you to witness to . Share my love to, and be an example to. And you didn't do that, because you let your personal vendetta get in the way." 

I know my theology isn't nearly as good as some people I know, and I just pray that God works through me and grows me in Spiritual wisdom, and opens my eyes to see the opportunities I have been given. That's why I'm so pumped about my trip to Italy. I get to do the work of God. For real. Not just talk about how much I want to. I get to do it, live it, preach it. 

I love spell check. It really helps. Opportunities always has a red squiggly line under it when I type it.

That was off topic, lol. Anyway, I didn't want this post to be a downer. But, life requires that sometimes.


Some David Crowder always does the heart and mind good. Here's my favorite video by him, and a song that truly, truly is a prayer. 

"Shine Your light so all can see it, lift it up, 'cause the whole world needs it. Love has come, what joy to hear it. He has overcome, He has overcome."


A verse, and I'm done. 

“Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble. 
(Matthew 6:34 ESV)

Don't worry about tomorrow, because you may not make it through today. Just get through today, and let tomorrow worry about itself.

I promise God will do what He wants with tomorrow.

-Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment