Thursday, January 27, 2011

Sanctuary

That's the name of a song we played in band in high school. It's slow, and long. It's 10 minutes. But if you make it through, it's one of the most beautiful pieces of music I've ever heard. I'll post a link to a video. Just listen to the audio as you read my blog. It's so stinking amazing.







Anyway, there's a theological side to this too, kinda. 


This song brings to mind like, rest. Well, most of it. It gets loud around 5-7 minutes. But most of it is calm, and pretty. It makes you feel at peace. When life is turmoil, as it often is, Jesus is there to give us rest. 


"Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest" Matthew 11:28


Jesus has rest. No matter what you go through, no matter how heavy your burden, give it to Him and find rest in his arms. His yoke is easy, and His burden is light.


It's just comforting to know the Lord of creation has the power to take my burden and ease it. If only I ask.


Tomorrow is scuba! Words cannot describe how stinking excited I am! I just have to get through an hour of math first. But I know it will be worth it! Then I'm borrowing my friend Blake's longboard for the weekend, gonna spend some time learning to determine if I want to invest in one of my own.


Anyways, that's all for now. The song still has about 2 minutes left by my clock. No telling where it is for you guys as you read. It's awesome. I would thoroughly suggest listening to the whole thing. Just switch tabs from my blog to something else. 


Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 


Rest sounds pretty good.



Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.” 
(Joshua 1:9 ESV)


-Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment