Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day the second

I probably won't start all my posts with Day the ___, but until I get a spark of creativity, that's how it's gonna be. Lol. I say lol a lot in text form. I have yet to get to the point where I speak lol, but I'm sure it's forthcoming.

I kinda wanna start walking through some stuff I would love to preach on, if I ever was called to do that. A series I would do is on some popular and not-so-popular worship songs and where they get their biblical inspiration. Tonight is "Here am I, Send Me" by Matt Papa. He was our worship leader at this amazing youth leadership camp, Super Summer that I went to last summer. Here is a video with his lyrics included. Enjoy!




Matt Papa gets the lyrics of this song from Isaiah 6:1, when Isaiah has a vision of the throne room of God. He falls on his face before his Lord, and is in awe. God calls Isaiah to go to the nations and deliver His message. Isaiah does this, without hesitation. If you have the capacity to go, go!

I like this song, because it is based solidly on what we are called to do as Christians. Once we are a believer, our job is to spread the message of the One who saved us. That's what I want to do in Italy. I have the amazing opportunity this summer to go with a group of students to Milan, to spread the fame of Jesus' name. It's so stinking exciting! I created a Facebook group about it, Justin is going to Italy. Click on the purple letters for more info on it!

Verse(s) of the day: Romans 11:33-36 ESV

Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways!

“For who has known the mind of the Lord,
or who has been his counselor?”
 “Or who has given a gift to him
that he might be repaid?”

For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amen.


-Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment