Friday, March 4, 2011

The ideal man

When I grow up, I want to be the best husband and father I can be. What does that mean you ask?

My vision of the perfect husband. He should give more to his wife than he expects in return. He should treat her like the most amazing person in the world, because to him, she is. He should want the house cleaner than his wife does. He should be more than willing to do just the simple things with her. Fold clothes, do dishes, cook dinner, vacuum the carpet, all that. I want to be the husband that my wife can bring her troubles of a long day home to, then let me just be the one to listen to her rant about it.

My vision of the perfect father is one who will do anything for his kids. He would take a bullet for them. If he didn't agree with something they wanted, but saw they were passionate about it, he'd support them. I want to be the dad my kids aren't embarrassed to bring their friends home to. I want to be involved in my kids lives. I want to intimidate my daughter's first boyfriend. I want her to know how protective I am of her.

That's just what I want. Am I perfect for all those categories? Nope. But, I'm a work in progress.


Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.
(Ephesians 6:4 ESV)


Likewise, husbands, live with your wives in an understanding way, showing honor to the woman as the weaker vessel, since they are heirs with you of the grace of life, so that your prayers may not be hindered.
(1 Peter 3:7 ESV)

Philos, Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment