Sunday, March 27, 2011

On the outside, we've found a home.

The Outsiders by Needtobreathe. Good song. Anyways, I wasn't going to post tonight, considering how later in the evening it is. But, I figure I wanna talk about this one. 


As of recently, I have been struggling with an idea. A question, rather. And it's taking some discussion with a good friend to help me out, despite my friend needing to sleep, to my dissapointment. My question stands, do people in countries that have never heard the Gospel die, and spend eternity in Hell, separated from God?


Originally, my answer was no. Because God is a merciful and just God. And I couldn't imagine a God that would punish people for something they never knew about. But as I talked with my friend more and more, and read through Romans 10, I have a new opinion. 


All people are born into sin. We are all wicked by nature. That wickedness separates us from God, eternally. Regardless of if we ever hear about the Gospel or not. Should we hear and God chooses to save us, and use us for His glory, then we can one day live forever with him. But if we never hear, then we are condemned to die alone.


However, this is where the evangelical Christian comes in. We are called, once saved by Jesus, to go the the corners of the Earth and preach the Gospel. So because of our lethargy and lack of desire to do the work of Christ, millions of people die and spend eternity separated from God.


David Platt, in his book "Radical" said that "There are no innocent people in the World just waiting to hear the gospel. Instead there are people all over the world standing guilty before a holy God, and that is the very reason they need the Gospel."


Just something to chew on. I'm sure gonna be chewing for a while.


How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching? And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written, “How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!” But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed what he has heard from us?” So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ. 
(Romans 10:14-17 ESV)


Philos, Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment