Monday, March 28, 2011

A prayer.

Just, what I'm feeling right now as I am supposed to be writing my English paper, but this needs to be said.

God, you truly are amazing. I lay in my bed here, and have one of those "ah-ha" moments. You made me so intricately and planned out my life before I was even a thought. I just want to apologize. God, I know I have fallen short of Your perfect glory. I ask for Your forgiveness. I know that I need you and that You desire to be glorified in my life. And truth be told God, I'm doing a terrible job of it. So please, change me. Create in me a new heart. I know You know what I am going to do with my life. I just pray that it is a life that honors You and gives You the most glory possible, because You deserve the most glory. I thank You for the cross, Lord. Thank you for sending Your perfect and spotless Son to live a sinless life and die a death that I deserve so that I can believe in You and live for you, despite failing miserably. Thank You for all You have blessed me with, because it is more than I deserve. Waaay more. God, I know that this prayer seems self-centered. I can only hope that Your Holy Spirit intercedes on my behalf and prays what I need prayer for. Because if left up to my own devices, I would condemn myself to death apart from You.

Thank you Lord, for everything you do for me. I pray all of these things in Jesus' name, Amen.

Philos, Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment