Monday, March 21, 2011

Ink.

I have come to decide that I want a tattoo. Nothing like, ridiculous. Just something awesome.

It's gonna be on my shoulder blade, able to be covered up by a shirt. I want something symbolic. Probably a Bible verse or passage. Maybe Isaiah 6:1. I like that verse. Or something like Hebrews 12:1-2. "Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God."

The only problem is, THAT'S A LOT OF INK! AND IT WILL HURT! But, my friend Ashley (Pashley is her nickname) from Super Summer, got a tattoo. She got her right arm decked out in ink, with the verse Genesis 1:26. It's on a scroll thing, surrounded by animals and flowers and awesomeness.

I don't think getting a tattoo is wrong. I don't believe that if done for the right reasons, and getting a God-glorifying tattoo, that you're any more of a wretched sinner than you already are. (James might be proud of me for that. He likes calling us wretched.)

But, anyway. It's all talk for now. I'm gonna figure out what I want, and let it simmer for a while. That way I know I want to get it, when I finally do. Because it's there forever. The way I see it, my body is a temple of God. I just want to hang up a pretty sweet poster.


Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.
(1 Corinthians 6:19-20 ESV)

Philos, Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment