Sunday, March 6, 2011

It's what I felt needed to be said.

First off, play this song as you read.




So, here's what's happened, as far as I have heard. Saturday night, there was a party at Lake Granbury. Some kids that were around my age, friends of my friends, were there. Apparently, they went to sleep and a fire broke out. Everyone was able to get out except for 7 people. These 7 lost their lives. There was a candlelight ceremony held tonight.

I say that, to say this. We are never promised another day. Life is too short to "think" you're going to Heaven. I hate to be insensitive, and believe me, I know the pain that these guys are going through. But at what point do we wake up and realize that the life we have is truly a gift? God made us in His image, and put us on this Earth to glorify His name and further His kingdom.

Just something to think about. I know it's a little soon, but I don't think this truly affected me as much as it did my friends. But I truly believe that God will make Himself glorified in this. Hopefully He uses this as an opportunity for some of their friends to lay their grief at His feet and then feel His comfort.


But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
(2 Corinthians 12:9 ESV)

Philos, Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment