Tuesday, February 8, 2011

And I will try to fix you

That's the stinger lyric of a Coldplay song, entitled Fix You. Good, good song. I'm gonna learn it.

On the subject of songs, I posted a video yesterday to a song, Healing Begins by Tenth Avenue North. I downloaded it yesterday and only kinda listened to it before I posted it. A day later, having listened to it around 4 times, I love it. There is such a powerful message. Watch the video and listen to the words. Essentially, it is about the walls we put up, to make the world believe we are a good person. But in Christ, we can finally break the walls down because He knows we aren't good people, and wants to be the One to walk us through our junk. The pre-chorus and chorus sing: "So let them fall down. There's freedom waiting in the sound. When you let your walls fall to the ground, we're here now. This is where the healing begins, oh. This is where the healing starts. When you come to where you're broken within, the light meets the dark."

It's such a powerful song. When you come to where you are broken, the light of Jesus crashes head on to the dark sin in your life. And I promise, the light is more powerful. The bridge says: "Sparks will fly as grace collides with the dark inside of us. So please don't fight this coming light. Let this blood come over us. His blood can cover us." I mean, it's so awesome. Because when we finally do come to the point where grace meets our sin, it's never pretty. And then, the best thing to do is give in. Because it's so worth it.

Anyway, listen to that song. It's so stinking cool! In other news, it's supposed to be all wintry weather tomorrow. I don't like that. I actually want to go to school. When you pay for your education, school is more bearable. And I really like my history class. It's fun! Aaaaand, tomorrow Brent and I are supposed to get Fuzzy's tacos. Yum. Fuzzy's.

WOW! Google's homepage is so cool! Nerd alert...


Long ago, at many times and in many ways, God spoke to our fathers by the prophets, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world. He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power. After making purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,
(Hebrews 1:1-3 ESV)

Philos, Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment