Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentines Day

This post kinda had to have a theme. So I'm gonna talk about my opinion on love, dating, relationships and all that jazz.

Where to begin? To truly love someone, I believe you need to be IN love with them. And to be IN love with them, you need to love Jesus more than them. And to love Jesus, you ...yeah, you get the picture. The point is, for a healthy relationship that is truly whole, there needs to be an agreement that your love for each other needs to come second to your overwhelming, head-over-heels love for Jesus.

As far as dating goes, I'm not sure where I stand. If you don't date, I believe it becomes a lot harder to find your future suitor. But the dating game for teenagers is a pretty sick game. We get into relationships (which is my next topic) and they consume our being. Most of us. Kudos to you if you know how to not let that happen. But we enter these relationships and I know that at least from a guy's perspective, we are pretty hard-wired to desire physical contact. I will let you determine how you read that. But we do. That's not what a relationship should be about. But I digress.

Relationships are confusing. My problem is I see the girl I want, with another guy. Odds are, she doesn't read this blog though. This girl is one of the most amazing people I know, goes to school with me and I believe I can say she loves Jesus more than I do. And that, my friends, is a good thing. But the hard part is to make her believe that I want her to be mine. We'll see how that goes. Just know this, ___ , if you're reading this, the T-Swift song "You Belong with Me" comes to mind. But, oh well.

I just need to realize that God may not want me to have a girlfriend right now, and to just throw all of my love to Him. He's worth it.

A passage fitting for Valentines Day. This is what Biblical love is.


If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away.
(1 Corinthians 13:1-8 ESV)

Philos (Brotherly love,) Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment