Sunday, February 27, 2011

To love the least of these.

Wow, haven't posted all weekend. But, I haven't had time to, truthfully!

Friday, after class and stuff, I came home and worked out, then went with my good friends Ben and Travis to Putt-Putt. We had some swanky mall food, then went and putted, go karted, and arcaded the night away. It was a lot of fun, just hanging out with two of my best friends.

Saturday morning, I woke up and went over to my good bud Collin's house and helped him tune his new drum set. We had Fuzzy's for lunch. There's nothing wrong with that. I worked last night, and that's the end of that.

Today, I woke up at 5 in the morning to go to Beautiful Feet. The Feet, as it's known, is a homeless ministry in the inner city in Fort Worth. We arrived around 6:45, and walked upstairs into a prayer service they were having a prayer service. After it was over, I got on the bus the ministry owns and we traveled around the southeast side of downtown, picking up around 100 homeless people to bring back to the church. A little later, Ben, James, Travis and I led worship in the service they had. It was incredible to see these people who may not have a dollar to their names just worshiping the God who created them. In that environment, I became aware of just how blessed I am, and how much I take it for granted. I have been given so much more than them, been blessed materialistically beyond reason, and yet their faith is so much stronger than mine. They have faith that God will put a meal in their stomachs and give them a place to rest their head at night. I have faith that my comfortable bed will be waiting for me when I get home from my job, that I will have a hot shower to clean off in, and the technological means to share these stories. My faith is weak compared to theirs.

It was an awesome experience and I for sure want to go back. I'm so glad God opened that door in our lives.


And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’
(Matthew 25:40 ESV)

Philos, Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment