Sunday, February 6, 2011

In word or deed

Well, football season is officially wrapped. Woohoo! Something one of my friends posted on Facebook intrigued me. He said that shortly after their win, a Packers player was interviewed and some of the first words out of his mouth were "Glory to God." My friend and I wonder, are the Steelers who claim to be Christ followers doing the same? That brought me to Colossians 3:17. "And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him."

Makes me think. Whatever I do. The conversations I have with friends, the attitude I have at work. The mindset I have. All should glorify my Creator. Creator God, You gave me breath so I could praise Your great and matchless name all my days. Such an awesome song. Glory to God Forever by Steve Fee.

Anyways, that is definitely an area I struggle with. Giving glory to God in everything. I have no doubt the sin in my life does not glorify Him. And I firmly believe that glorifying Him is a learning process. I will never fully grasp how to. But I just pray that He teaches me along the way.

Tonight was short. Just a blurb on something that sparked my interest. I'm really starting to enjoy this blogging. I want to start Vlogging, video blogging, but that's too hard. I'd rather just type what I want to say. Maybe one day.


Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.
(1 Corinthians 6:19-20 ESV)

Philos, Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment