Tuesday, February 22, 2011

These weren't the droids I was looking for.

Nothing quite like a Star Wars quote to get you in a good spirit.

Guess who gets to eat lunch with a beautiful girl tomorrow? This guy! I'm gonna be cute, kinda dumb, romantic, chivalrous, all that good stuff. Here's hoping it's all worth it. There's nothing wrong with girls that fall for hopeless romantics. :D Of which I am the foremost.

That sounded a lot more intelligent than it really was. So get this, I worked my tail off Sunday afternoon and yesterday afternoon/evening trying to get an English paper done that I thought was due today. I show up to our class, only to find that it's due Thursday. That was pretty cool, to think that I was one step ahead of the game. I ain't complaining.

So, this song is legit. I've discovered that I've been getting into the habit of just posting songs, but I like all of them. This is Eric Whitacre, a choir director/composer that I enjoy. His song, Sleep, is my favorite of all of his. When I was a senior in high school, many years ago, our percussion director arranged this for an ensemble to play, and I got to be a part of it. Enjoy. By the way, it is about death. Kinda morbid, but it is presented in a beautiful way.




As I surrender unto sleep.

Amazing.


The last enemy to be destroyed is death.
(1 Corinthians 15:26 ESV)

Philos, Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment