Saturday, February 5, 2011

God, where are we going?

That's a thought that has been nagging at me for a little while. It's just like, so much different stuff is going on in my life right now that I don't know which direction is the one God has laid out for me. I mean, I want so desperately to find out and adjust my life accordingly. Not to get there and find out I've wasted time.

But part of the journey to where I need to be is to shed the unnecessary baggage now. Because I don't want to reach the destination with more than I can carry. Though I know that I will end up having more than I can along the way, my Jesus carries what I cannot. I just, don't know where to begin.

One thing that need to happen, is the idols in life need to be destroyed, and the hole that they tried to fill needs to be filled by the One who designed me. Ross King said it best in one of my favorite songs, "Clear the Stage." The premise is we as Christians have lost our way in worshiping our Creator. We are too focused on the distractions of modern day to really realize who has given us all that we have. The first line of the song sums it up. "Clear the stage and set the sound and lights ablaze if that's the measure you must take to crush the idols. Jerk the pews and all the decorations too, until the congregation's few then have revival." The next line is powerful, because it speaks to what church has started to become, a social event. "Tell your friends that this is where the party ends. Until you're broken for your sins, you can't be social. Then seek the Lord and wait for what He has in store, and know that great is your reward, so just be hopeful."

It's such a powerful message. I for sure am one that needs to live it out. It isn't easy to let go of everything that I cling to and give myself up to Jesus. But, to truly worship Him, and be one of His disciples, that's what we are called to do. He never said it would be easy, in fact He often scared people away by what He preached. But great is the reward.

So, I'm not sure where I'm going with this. I'm tired of living in this rut I'm in. I look back to what camps do. Remove the distractions, clear the stage, and soon you see the brokenness for sin. Why does it take a camp to do that? I guess my prayer is that God would break me of my sins, right here and now. And through my brokenness, rebuild me and raise me up in His light, so that I can live as a shining light for Him.

I guess now I just pray that God leads me in His direction, that everything I do is for His glory.

This verse is so overused... Because you always just hear this part. Never the back story. Basically, God's people were in great turmoil, and were going through some just, junk. God has sent His people into exile, and they are not happy about it. In fact, there's a 70 year wait to get out. But there is still hope.


“For thus says the LORD: When seventy years are completed for Babylon, I will visit you, and I will fulfill to you my promise and bring you back to this place.
(Jeremiah 29:10)

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you, declares the LORD, and I will restore your fortunes and gather you from all the nations and all the places where I have driven you, declares the LORD, and I will bring you back to the place from which I sent you into exile.
(Jeremiah 29:11-14 ESV)

Philos, Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment