Thursday, February 10, 2011

Yellow

I want a girlfriend. I know I don't need one, but I want one. There are plenty of cute girls in the world, and I would love be with them. So, what's the problem? I don't know. I'm a firm believer that we as Christians have given in to what the world says dating should be. We now believe that you should shop around for a while, and maybe one day when you're older, find the "one", settle down with a house and white picket fence, have 2.5 kids and live the American dream. Well, that's kinda dumb. I mean, if you don't date, you don't meet your "one." I believe that. But I'm not sure how that ties into what we believe.

That's where I'm stumped. What does a healthy, God-centered relationship between a boyfriend and girlfriend look like? I've never been in one, so I don't know. I do know that to have one, God has to take the center of you two's love. You have to love Jesus more than you love the other person. And I don't love Jesus enough as it is. So maybe that's where I start. But at the same time, humans crave and long for companionship. We aren't meant to walk the human life without a mate.

Urgh. Lol.

Be strong in the Lord, and never give up hope. You're gonna do great things, I already know. God's got His hand on you, so don't live life in fear. Forgive and forget, but don't forget why you're here. Take your time and pray. These are the words I would say. - That is an awesome song. When you're down, look up The Words I Would Say by Sidewalk Prophets.

This post wasn't anything like what I thought I was gonna type tonight. I sincerely thought I would post something deep and profound, not rant about life. But, shows how much I'm really in control of everything.

Anyways, I know that I am loved. I know God loves me, no matter how much I mess up, which I do a lot, my family loves me, my friends love me, and that's all that matters. That, and God's grace is so sufficient for all of my sin. I just need to let Him do what He wants and quit trying to put my own agenda out there.


The saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the foremost. But I received mercy for this reason, that in me, as the foremost, Jesus Christ might display his perfect patience as an example to those who were to believe in him for eternal life.
(1 Timothy 1:15-16 ESV)

Philos, Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment