Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Hail to the Chief

So, I have decided that I want to be President when I grow up. I think I can do it too. I've already got some ideas of what I would do in office.

First off, I would make education a top funding priority. The way I see it is that if you're going to cut the budget on education, realize that the kids that are suffering with 150-1 Student/Teacher ratios, are the ones that are going to be the lawmakers one day. Do you really want them to grow up and not have as best an education as possible? Get rid of the rainy day funds, and for goodness sake, give schools some money. If we don't, our education system will be one of the worst in the world.

Second, I want to abolish universal heathcare. I know that I still practically have zero idea of what I am talking about, but the belief that those who are capable of paying for their own insurance, should pay for the insurance of others is ridiculous. I understand there are those that cannot afford it, and I will find something to do about it. I just don't know what.

Third, I am of firm belief in keeping the government from funding abortion clinics. I don't have the power to overturn Roe v. Wade, but my beliefs politically and more importantly, faith-based, state that Life is life is life. Life begins at conception. "Now the word of the LORD came to me, saying,  'Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,'" Jeremiah 1:4-5. But alas, that whole topic is another blog post all together.

Fourth, I would strengthen the borders of America. I have no problem with people coming to America, to better themselves, but do it legally. It's a process. And learn English. If I was to uproot myself and move to another country, that did not speak my language, I would learn theirs. Just saying.

I'm so conservative. But, you know what? I believe that is what America needs. No, I take that back. America needs God. And I am not God. But if I was ever given the chance to be the chief executive of this country, God would be the center of my term. Yes, there is a separation of Church and State. But I'm not forcing my beliefs on anyone, I'm just basing my life on what I believe.


Then the LORD appeared to Solomon in the night and said to him: “I have heard your prayer and have chosen this place for myself as a house of sacrifice. When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command the locust to devour the land, or send pestilence among my people, if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
(2 Chronicles 7:12-14 ESV)

Imagine that. What if His people prayed?

Philos, Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment